March snow notwithstanding, we are getting ready for another summer of Adult Masters Swimming at Kanawha. This program is open to swimmers at all levels. Each year we have beginners who progress from just being able to swim a lap to completing multiple laps in multiple strokes, intermediate level swimmers who come for a good workout or to learn butterfly, and advanced swimmers who swam in high school or college and come for some pro tips and hard work. We try to get one or two social gatherings on the calendar as well.
We have four great coaches, each of whom has lifelong experience coaching, swimming, and racing. Karen Holloway, Kelly Bitsko, Val Pate, and Laure Ray will be our coaches, with Kelly as our Head Coach. They make our workouts fun and challenging. We are very fortunate to have the coaches that we do.
The minimum requirement for this program is the ability to swim the length of the pool and back.
Early Bird Swim will begin May 30. If you want to start your outdoor morning swim routine (but without coaches) before June 18, and you are registered for Masters, you may swim during Early Bird time without paying the extra $20.00. Check the KRA web site (www.krarva.org) for information about Early Bird Swim.
THERE WILL BE NO MASTERS OR EARLY BIRD ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 4!
Please send in your registration quickly – this program is likely to fill.
Adult Masters Swimming
Monday, June 18 - Monday, July 31
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
6:15 AM- 7:15 AM
- Four Coached Swim Workouts a week. We can't meet Tuesdays because we need a day to clean the pool and many of us have late nights on Mondays for kids' swim meets.
- You may come to any three weekly workouts.
- 20+ Coached Workouts
- You come to the practices that you can and skip the ones you need to.
- We will have 6 lanes, so participants will be with grouped with those of similar ability.
- We will have an August session as well. We traditionally have a second sign up because vacation schedules cause a few people to drop out at the end of the summer.
MORE INFORMATION: Please contact Steve McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THERE ARE TWO STEPS REQUIRED TO REGISTER:
1. Email Steve McCoy with the information requested below.
2. Mail your check in the amount of $70 made out to KRA to Martha Hodges at 7516 Three Chopt Road, Henrico, VA 23229.
CELL NUMBER: _____________________________________________
E-MAIL ADDRESS: _____________________________________________
ARE YOU A TADPOLE (trouble swimming one length), FISH (enjoy swimming, can swim a few lengths at a time), OR SHARK (some experience, even in the distant past, with swimming workouts or competitive swimming)?